Monday, December 23, 2013

2 more sleeps until the Big Guy in Red comes !

It's the eve before Christmas eve and I am stuck at work today, and half day tomorrow. I love how employers thinking coming in for 3 hours tomorrow will be even slightly productive? ha little do they know! I honestly had such a productive weekend that there is nothing left to do other than making a few things for our dinner tomorrow. I got my last gifts done! I got my wrapping done! I got my chocolates made! I got the house cleaned! I got all of my gifts organized in piles to make sure they go to the right houses! I got it under control! or so i think! haha!

This weekend we had dinner out on saturday with special people and that is always fun. I have removed gluten from my life once again. This time due to my thyroid. No dairy. No gluten. My diet is really exciting! ha ha ! anyhow you gotta do what you gotta do. So we ate out at a pizzeria which is one of our favorite restaurants in the small town near our home. Well when you dont eat gluten that means you dont eat pizza but wrong! They had a gluten free pizza crust here and i ordered it. Ok the one thing about gluten free is bread is never replicated 100%. NEVER! so i knew not to expect it to taste like regular pizza but honestly once you add the fixings on top, it was pretty good. I enjoyed it and really enjoyed knowing it was good for me.

We had a big ice storm this past weekend. It came in over night on Saturday and we woke up sunday to the most beautiful sight! The trees were all iced. The grass was icey. Soooo pretty. By the time we got all of our inside stuff done, it was well after lunch, so when we hit the road around 2pm the roads were just wet and there was nothing slippy to worry about. But because of the storm the stores were not nearly as busy as i thought they would be. I thought going to Costco would be like risking our lives, nope! we even parked near the door. This year Costco got smart and had officers directing traffic in and out of their lots. I love when stores are considerate to their paying customers and help them get in and out of their crazy lots!


MERRY CHRISTMAS !

No comments:

Post a Comment