Monday, March 24, 2014

Old Macdonald had a farm ! E I E I O

Well i have decided if we are going to live in the country, we need to start acting like country folk. So we are going to get some egg laying Hens this spring. Sounds easy enough. We need a coup, some Hens, some feed and what else? I think that will just about do it.

Hubby says i am nuts. I told him we need to start living off this wonderful piece of land we bought  and besides we will save a tonne of money on eggs. When men need to be convinced of something go for the money saving tactic! always works! So i worked out the cost of the coup and feed and hens  vs how much we spend on eggs plus taxes at the grocery store. BAM i win !

I am so excited about free range chickens popping out healthy, clean, antibiotic, drug free eggs!

So now i need to do some Hen homework. So while surfing on the TSC website, i came across these pretty hen houses ! Big decisions to make ! Bungalow or the raised ranch?  Oh i can hear my hubby grumbling already! Can you? ha ha !

#countrylifeforever



No comments:

Post a Comment